Chief Benny Rotundo

Benny Rotundo 1967





















Chief Rotundo

I was first appointed in September of 1967.  Benny was a Sergeant at the time.  When he became Chief in 1970 I was confident we were getting the right man to get the job done.  Benny was not only my Chief for over 18 years but I considered him to be part of my family.  He gave me sound advice and was someone I could trust to have my back should the occasion arise.  I could use more flowery language here, but won't because I know he wouldn't approve.
He in my opinion was every bit the profile of a Police Officer and especially of a Command Police Officer. He on many occasions displayed fearless bravery in the face of those who would attack him.  He was well respected throughout the  community and also throughout the Department. I'm feeling blessed to have served under him for many years.